Thursday, May 01, 2008

Well, I haven't had much time to post in the Spring. My Daddy found out he had cancer on his 65th birthday - February 7. He started radiation immediately but it was too far along. He was a real trooper through it all and we really had a precious time together. I sat with him in the hospital (he had to have surgery to mend a broken arm from the radiation on February 26) and we really had some great talks. I spent more time talking with him from February 7 to April 6 than I have my whole life. I would not trade it for anything.

Most importantly, we talked about when he began his relationship with the Lord and what pulled him away from him all these years. So many people were praying for him and all our prayers were answered.

We miss you Daddy, but I know that you would not trade places with us for anything in the world.

Books I Am Reading

  • Humility by CJ Mahaney
  • Praying Life by Paul Miller