Happy New Year!
I have been so slack with my blog since last summer. Updating friends and family and recording memories through my Blog are things I hope to achieve this year - in addition to my ten "goals" for 2009. I am not crazy about FaceBook - just due to the time it takes away from my family - so all of you who keep asking me to join FaceBook - I am rebelling. You will have to check here to find out about my life....
I have spent alot of time this week thinking about 2009. Glad that 2008 is over truthfully. It was a very hard year. Daddy diagnosed with Lung Cancer. Daddy suffers a short time and passed away from Lung Cancer. Laurie and mom have kidney transplant. I am diagnosed with Adrenal fatigue and hormonal imbalance and begin treatment. All the while, God was so faithful through the trial, but I am glad for a breather from it.
I have made my own goals for 2009 - you will see that they are mostly Christ centered. I can't do it without him - in my own strength I fail. Every time.
Here are my Top 10 Goals for 2009
1) Be more diligent with my quiet time in God’s word – spend time with my Lord daily
2) To guide my family into having a cheerful, Christ centered and glorified home
3) To serve everywhere – work, home, school with a joyful spirit. Say no to the unnecessary and yes to the necessary
4) To show more hospitality – invite friends over more often for Christ centered conversation
5) Get moving daily – get some form of exercise every day
6) To love others in a real and meaningful way – to really listen and help if needed
7) To show my husband that I love him more often and not just talk about date nights - do it
8) To show the girls that I love them with my TIME, not just words
9) PRAY -- diligently for my children, my husband, our business, my church, my pastors, my small group, my children’s teachers and school, my extended family
10) MONEY - Assess where my treasure lies daily. Before I make a purchase, ask if this is something that is necessary, fits into our budget and glorifies God
Here are some things that I gleaned to pray for this week from my study and thoughts into my goals. I did not write them - got some from Pastor John Piper and some from Pastor CJ Mahaney's girls on Girl Talk.
Praying for other Christians -for Spiritual Strength:
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family  in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Praying for myself so that you're praying in sync with the way God works:
1. For the desire of my heart to be toward God and his Word.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to gain. (Psalm 119:36)
2. For the eyes of my heart to be opened.
Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law. (Psalm 119:18)
3. For my heart to be enlightened with these “wonders.”
[I pray] that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened. (Ephesians 1:18)
4. For my heart to be united, not divided, for God.
O Lord, I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psalm 86:11)
5. For my heart to be satisfied with God and not with the world.
O satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)
6. For strength in this joy, and endurance during the dark seasons.
[I pray that God] would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16)
7. For visible good deeds and works of love to others.
[I pray that you] will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord...bearing fruit in every good work. (Colossians 1:10)
8. For God to be glorified.
Hallowed be thy name. (Matthew 6:9)
9. In Jesus’ name.
He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him? (Romans 8:32)
Praying for my kids:
Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away. (Matthew 19:13-15)
That they will respond in faith to Jesus’ faithful, persistent call.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments.
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37-39)
That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage.
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14)
That their thoughts will be pure.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:8)
That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord's work.
All the men and women, the people of Israel, whose heart moved them to bring anything for the work that the Lord had commanded by Moses to be done brought it as a freewill offering to the Lord. (Exodus 35:29)
That when the time is right, they will GO!
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Will post again next week...