Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids" by Bob Hostetler

1) Salvation--"Lord, let salvation spring up within my child, that he may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. (Is 45:8; 2Tim 2:10)

2) Growth in Grace--"I pray that my child may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)

3) Honesty and Integrity--"May integrity and honesty be his virtue and his protection." (Ps 25:21)

4) Courage--"May my child always be strong and courageous in his character and in his actions." (Deut 31:6)

5) Purity--"Create in him a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in his actions. (Ps 51:10)

6) Humility--"God, please cultivate in my child the ability to show true humility toward all." (Titus 3:2)

7) A Servant's Heart--"God, please help my child develop a servant's heart, that he may serve wholeheartedly, as if he was serving the Lord, not men." Col 3:23)

8) Passion for God--"Lord, please instill in my son a soul that 'followeth hard after thee'(Ps 63:8 KJV), one that clings passionately to you."

Books I Am Reading

  • Humility by CJ Mahaney
  • Praying Life by Paul Miller