Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 6 - "Everyone says Day 3 of a transplant is the worst...."

Well, today was a rough day. Everyone on the transplant floor said that Day 3 is the worst.

Mom really felt bad today. Her pain was really bad and she couldn't move around very much. Laurie was better - until she got a report from the Dr.'s tonight that her new kidney was not functioning. They are going to try and increase her anti-rejection drugs to see if they can help.

I know that God is faithful -- and am resting in that. I have given in today to disappointment. How quick we went from elated to disappointed, but I have been reading God's word tonight....

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens"
Psalm 68:19

"Cast all your care upon him, for he cares for you"
1 Peter 5:7

These passages reminded me to release my grip on my burdens and give them to the Lord. I have heard that several times the past few days by friends, but have just realized that I have been unwilling to let them go. I have been carrying a big bag of burdens for mom and Laurie the past few days until the load is more than I can carry. It has gotten too heavy and my joy has been replaced with fear, exhaustion and anger at God today for not helping them.

God's arms have been outstretched as he has told me in his Word, "Cast them to Me! I care for you!" God wants me to give them to him and trade them in for his mercies.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22

Please pray....

Love,
Holly

PS - Thanks Tori for your words of encouragement - it really helped me to read them again tonight!

Books I Am Reading

  • Humility by CJ Mahaney
  • Praying Life by Paul Miller