Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I decided to stop counting the days since we went to Shands. We are into life management phase for Laurie and taking life one day at a time, so -- so am I in my blog.

Mom and Laurie did good today. Mom was exhausted and stayed in bed almost all day. For anyone that knows Mom, you know that she must not be feeling well. She never sits down. Laurie was zipping all over the place, which I think was her running on adrenaline -- glad to be home. But when we got there tonight, she was wiped out. She has to take it easy. We are continuing to pray that when she returns to Shands on Thursday - her Creatinine will be down and she will not have to stay. Aunt Rita will take them over on Thursday.

It was back to work for me today -- I was really tired but had alot to do at the office. The girls and I went to the mall tonight to get some back to school things - school starts back on August 18 - only two more weeks. We are going to the lake for my birthday this weekend, so I knew we needed to get our shopping done. We have our monthly committee meeting for one of our clients in Atlanta next week, so I will be gone for two days.

The girls' school has their mandatory parent night on Thursday, the 14th. That is when we get to meet the girls teachers. I will be in Atlanta, so Doug will be representing our family. The girls are ready to meet their new teachers and see their friends. Sarah is starting 1st grade - which is so exciting for her. She gets to have chapel every morning with Mrs. Hughes!! Chapel is Hannah's FAVORITE class at school and Sarah has heard all about it this year. Hannah will be in 4th grade. sigh....Our babies are growing up so fast.....

Thanks again to everyone for their prayers for mom and Laurie. God has been so faithful.
H

Books I Am Reading

  • Humility by CJ Mahaney
  • Praying Life by Paul Miller